Benefits of using a TMC: Duty of Care
In today’s global climate, it is becoming increasingly important to be aware of, and plan for, potential risks to traveller safety. Fortunately, advances in travel technology can provide travel managers with robust solutions to evaluate the risks to travel, before their travellers depart. It can also assist in providing instant support to those in need.
In the second of our three-part series, we look at the benefits of using a travel management company to ensure traveller safety and duty of care compliance.
1. Improve compliance with greater control
- Travel policy creation: Creating an effective travel policy unique to your company’s business travel is essential in ensuring that duty of care is achieved. For example, companies that travel to high-risk areas may require travellers to stay in hotels within a certain radius of the city centre. TMCs work with customers requiring varying levels of restrictions and develop policies that reflect these concerns.
- Policy settings: While setting a travel policy is a key part of duty of care requirements, enforcing this policy can be a challenge. CTM’s online booking tool, Lightning, offers complete policy configuration and flexibility down to a traveller level. It’s a better way to drive compliance without impeding on usability.
2. Keep your travellers safe from harm
- 24/7 support: Partnering with a TMC that has a global footprint means that you can access local support whenever, wherever. Whether it’s requiring an earlier flight time to avoid a natural disaster or seeking emergency assistance in an isolated location, a TMC can assist your travellers and travel bookers in high-stress situations.
- Risk alerts: While TMCs have the expertise to mitigate risky situations, they also have the ability to prevent them. CTM’s Risk Alerts tool sends risk assessments for upcoming travel with alerts of incidents and issues that could affect your travellers. It’s a simple way to keep your travellers safe before they travel.
3. Power duty of care with real-time tracking
- Traveller tracking: When disaster strikes, it’s important to know where your travellers are to make sure help is provided when necessary. TMCs with tools such as Traveller Tracker pull information from your travellers’ flight and hotel itineraries anywhere in the world. Updated in real-time, you can assess country-by-country risk levels and communicate directly with travellers that may be in areas that are affected.