Case Study: Repatriation
A CTM customer with travelling staff around the world needed to resume their rotational travel schedules. This was also an opportunity to assess, review, and enhance their monitoring of employee and contractor expat travel from Southeast Asia.
Location: NORAM, LATAM, EMEA, Australia, and Indonesia
Annual Travel Volume: $24m USD
Our customer lacked complete visibility into their traveller locations as countries and borders closing amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key challenges faced were:
- Southeast Asia travel restrictions related to COVID-19 were frequently changing
- Travellers had to procure a COVID-19 test valid within seven days of arrival into the country
- Security and health teams did not have a complete picture of travellers arrivals and departures as employees and contractor expats were booking off-channel
- Customer identified the need to mandate and further review travellers booking behaviour
- All travellers needed to meet a seven-day time frame from when a traveller is tested, to when the results were received to complete booking of travel.
CTM assisted the client in achieving multiple solutions to ensure traveller location visibility.
These solutions included:
- CTM provided a customised dedicated on-site travel team
- The dedicated team of agents provided crucial immigration assistance by working alongside a US Formalities Manager. They reviewed visa validity and health requirements prior to a traveller’s departure
- Ensured travellers adhered to the most up to date protocols for country entry
- Worked in coordination with CTM global teams for additional assistance
- CTM worked collaboratively with the client to create reporting that enabled the contacting of employees with reservations that did not show confirmed in order to verify travel details and/or medical status.
Through continuous review, travel restriction assessment and guidance from CTM dedicated teams, the following was achieved for our client:
- Utilised the dedicated travel agent team, to ensure adherence of COVID-19 testing requirements
- Booked dozens of travellers to/from Southeast Asia during the four months by confirming the health status monitoring visas were complete
- Provided a weekly arrivals report with additional data for a more complete travel picture.
Talk to our expert team today.
Contact CTM today.